SOS Marine`s REELSLING is a flotation device to assist and be part of a system for recovering persons overboard. The REELSLING features a flexible flotation collar with SOLAS reflective tape, grab handle, whistle, over 160ft (50 metres) of floating retrieval line and a PVC UV proof storage bag.
- Over 160 ft of reflective ski floating rope to assist recovery after sunset.
- SOLAS grade reflective tape allows for identification and detection at night.
- UV resistant stow bag.
- Easy to transport rinse off, dry and pack away into the stow bag provided.
- A whistle is included to help attract attention.
- A grab handle allows ease of retrieval and deployment.
- Solid stainless steel eyes for lifting crew.
How it works
A. Immediately throw Dan Buoy (www.danbuoy.com) or other flotation device toward person in the water and bring boat head to wind.
B. Remove REELSLING from stowage bag and drop the sling into water behind boat, allowing it to trail astern, drawing tether line from bag
C. Sail boat in wide circle around person in water with sling and tether line trailing astern. Due to the circling procedure, the sling and/or the line should come in contact with the patient.
Once contact is made, turn boat head to wind and drop all sails. The person in the water should place the sling over their head and under arms. As boat drifts backwards, start to pull in tether line to bring person towards boat for recovery. Note: Use of the device does not guarantee the safety or rescue of the patient. Its effectiveness is considerably reduced in rough or breaking seas and surf.
• The REELSLING is constructed from pliable closed cell foam padded comfort section encased in a durable, high-visibility cover with 21lbs (10 Kilos) of flotation
• A grab handle sewn around the foam filled comforter to assist retrieval and deployment.
• SOLAS grade reflective tape has been extensively used on the outside of the foam-padded comforter for easy identification and detection at night
• The stainless non-slip steel D-ring provides easy entry and secure closure during rescue
• The REELSLING has lifejacket grade safety webbing
• Easy-to-use operating instructions
• Made to be attached to your pulpit rail
• The retrieval line tail has to be secured to the boat before use
• A whistle to attract attention is included
• The REELSLING has 160ft or (50 metres) of reflective ski floating rope to assist
• Recovery after sunset
• This rope doesn’t absorb water
• Stowed PVC bag made from 1100dtex PVC with UV,FR & anti fungal treated super gloss fabric
We are part of SOS MARINE
SOS Marine plays an important role in purpose-designed safety equipment for many diverse customer applications. Our company is constantly working on new projects by researching and developing products that suit challenging working environments.
SOS Marine products have been trusted for over 30 years and continues to deliver new innovations with a proven track record internationally established and synonymous with quality and high performance.
SOS strength lies in design-assist capacity providing customers the ability to match affordable equipment with their requirements by developing and implementing new equipment for their workplace environments. This is achieved through product samples, prototypes and testing of product.
Our experience provides flexibility to be adaptive with a wide range of design customisation of products, from the basic design to the most complex, often unique to the market-place; several SOS products hold world-wide patents.
SOS capabilities are aligned with the current and future needs of marine professionals modernisation options. We have strong relationships with some of the world`s leading component suppliers allowing us to provide a large range of variations of quality designed products with “outside the square thinking”.
SOS Marine is an Australian owed company. We have evolved from being a retailer who fitted out over 90% of Sydney Harbour`s 18 footer fleet, two of the world`s Maxi Racing class yachts and Australia`s leading shop fitter using marine grade stainless fittings.
Period Contract with the Royal Australian Navy
We then progressed into manufacturing for the Australia` Department of Defence for the past 20 years. Our company is a major supplier to Australia’s Defence Forces including the Period Contracts to supply to the Royal Australian Navy with Inflatable Life Jackets.
ISO 9001 Quality Management System
SOS Marine independently achieved the Quality Assurance level of ISO 9001; this has been used to design specialised vests for the NSW Police Department’s Bomb Squad.
Our company was the major manufacturer for Australian Army Directorate of Capital Procurement for the supply of the new Large Field Packs. We have completed a 25,000 contract for the Large Field Packs. All products were delivered within the required time framework.
For over 30 years, SOS Marine has continually looked for ways to improve and develop new products for the marine professionals. SOS has designed and manufactured innovative custom designed safety & rescue equipment products for varies marine professionals including specialised safety equipment for 12 Defences Forces world-wide:
As border patrol and home security have become higher priorities in Australia and other countries, so has the demand for equipment that allows officers to operate efficiently with safety as a major factor.
SOS Marine designed a specialised Load Bearing Jacket incorporating an Inflatable Life Jacket for Australia’s and New Zealand Marine Border’s Protective Departments, such as Police, Customs, Immigration and Navy. As well, SOS Marine is the sole supplier of Waterproof Drop Bags used for air and sea conditions by Australia’s elite Commandos and SAS Regiments.
Royal Australian Navy Clearance Diving Teams
Our company has also closely worked with the Australian Navy’s Diving Clearance Teams, designing and manufacturing two styles of Low Magnetic Signature Diving Buoyancy Compensators for the Mine Counter Measures and Marine Tactical Operations.
International Award Winning Company:
SOS Marine has won various awards, including International Award of Excellence in Safety and Protective Products and an Australian Business Awards for Product Innovation.
23A Rochester street, Botany NSW 2019 Australia
Telephone: +61 297000233
Fax: + 61 2 97000277